Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies

These cookies were a bit impromptu, if you will :) I made them very last minute, substituting what I had in my pantry. They sounded tasty, so I'm glad I had most of the ingredients! They're almost like an almond-joy candy bar if it were in cookie form :) This recipe comes from Martha Stewart's Cookies.
Ingredients: -1 c. unsalted butter, room temp. -1/2 c. granulated sugar -3/4 c. packed light brown sugar -2 large eggs -1 tsp. vanilla extract -1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour -1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder -1 tsp. baking soda -1/2 tsp. baking powder -1/2 tsp. salt -2 c. white chocolate chunks (I didn't have white choc, so I used semi-sweet) -1 3/4 c. sweetened flaked coconut -1 3/4 c. coarsely chopped walnuts (I used almonds and the recipe actually says to substitute any nut you'd like!) 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until smooth, about 2 mins.
Mix in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. 2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
Mix into butter mixture on low speed until well combined.
Stir in chocolate, coconut, and nuts.
3. Using a 1 1/2-in. ice cream scoop, drop batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 2 minutes. Transfer cookies on parchment to racks to cool completely.
Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temp. up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment