Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Stars & Stripes


Yesterday was the 4th of July! I usually make some kind of dessert to bring to my family's house, most times it's a homemade pie. This year I wanted to do something different--and a little more festive. I was really excited to try out a new recipe I found from Martha Stewart. I made Blueberry Cupcakes with a sweet cream frosting. They came out so tasty! I was very impressed. I topped the whipped cream frosting with fresh blueberries and strawberries, to give them a little red, white and blue flair of course, and a little powdered sugar. I think most everyone enjoyed them, which made me happy! They were very fun to make. These were a great, refreshing dessert to enjoy on the hot day that it was. Hope everyone had a very happy 4th of July! Look for more recipes and pictures to come soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment