Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lemon cookies...well, kind of :)


I was looking to make a quick and easy cookie recipe to have a bit of dessert around :) I have this cookbook full of recipes you can make with 4 items or less, which, yes, is exactly what you're thinking: too good to be true :)

If you can bake something amazing using 4 items, I'd love to know your secret because these cookies were so strange...that is the best way I can describe them! They didn't taste bad...just weird! They were chewy, yet hard, kind of like a taffy...and not a ton of flavor.

When I added all of the ingredients, it looked wrong haha. The dough was so powdery like there had been too much flour and I couldn't form them into cookies! I added more butter to make them appear to be more dough like, which then led to me having to add more sugar and lemon juice (and those are the 4 ingredients!) to try and balance the flavor. What I thought was going to be a simple and quick batch of cookies turned out to be a slight disaster and a big mess! Oh well...see if I ever bake with 4 ingredient recipes again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment