Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Double Birthday Cakes!

My sister just celebrated her birthday and I wanted to make her a special cake :) She chose the Tomboy cake out of the darling Miette cookbook. The cakes in this cookbook are so adorable--they are six inch cakes, slightly smaller, rich and delicious! The recipes make 2 cakes, so you can always freeze one, but I decided to go with 2 since they were small.

The cake is double chocolate, which was nice and moist and rich. I did a raspberry buttercream frosting and an orange buttercream (and even topped it with my own homemade orange zest!). They were quite a bit of work, so if you are interested in the recipe, please leave me a comment and I'd be happy to send it your way.


Double Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting


Double Chocolate Cake with Orange Buttercream Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment