Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

FINALLY!: A chocolate chip cookie worth blogging about!


Let me just say, as I give my self a nice, quick pat on the back (haha), that I HAVE DONE IT! You are now looking at....well, reading about, a new chocolate chip cookie master. I can only laugh as I write this because, if any of you out there read my blog, know that I have had nothing but struggles when it comes to baking this cookie--the most common cookie in the world! I know, hard to believe it myself, but the one thing I could seriously never make "correctly" was the chocolate chip cookie.

And now, I can say, that day has gladly passed :) I found, and tweaked a bit, a recipe for an amazing chocolate chip cookie! A friend once shared with me that it might help to find a recipe that incorporated shortening with the butter, so that is where I began my journey. It was something I never tried before but am sure glad I did. I also chilled my cookie dough in the refrigerator for about a half hour before I baked them. I think this helped form the amazing texture that this cookies had--(meaning, they actually held together beautifully!)

I am happy to share this recipe in case there just might be the chance that someone else out there has struggled with the chocolate chip cookie before. Well, fear not, my friends...for this recipe is sure to delight!

Ingredients:
-1/2 c. shortening
-1/2 c. butter
-3/4 c. granulated sugar
-3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
-2 eggs
-2 tsp. vanilla
-2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. salt
-1 (12 oz.) package of semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets (or line with parchment paper)

2. Cream butter, shortening and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir flour mixture into creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop round spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.

3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

1 comment: