Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Cupcake #8: Taste of Summer the Way It Used to Be---Peachy
These cupcakes sounded so refreshing! And they weren't overly sweet. They have a tasty brown sugar and praline topping, which was delish! The peach cupcake is light and these cupcakes are small enough to want to keep having more ;)
-1/3 c. veg. oil
-3/4 c. milk, divided at room temp.
-1 egg, room temp.
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 c. sugar
-2 c. sifted cake flour
-2 tsp. baking powder
-2 Tbsp. potato starch
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 c. chopped pecans
-6 peaches, skin removed, grilled or roasted, and diced or pureed
To Make the Cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place ~24 cupcake papers in the trays.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, potato starch, salt and pecans. Mix with whisk or sift together to ensure the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
3. Add the vegetable oil, egg and half of the milk to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
4. Then add remaining milk, peaches and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly combined, about1 minute.
5. Fill cupcake trays halfway with the batter.
6. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
***Praline topping will be put on as soon as cupcakes come out of oven, so prepare while they're baking***Praline topping:
-1/4 c. melted butter
-3/4 c. brown sugar
-18 pecan halves
For the Frosting:
1. Combine melted butter and brown sugar.
As soon as cupcakes come out of oven, spoon mixture over them.
2. Place a pecan half in the center of each and promptly return them to the oven for 5 minutes.
3. Cool for 5 minutes and then place on baking racks.