Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Cupcake #9: First Blush of Crush Cupcakes
Pink frosting?? Yes, please! And made with grenadine?? Mmmm...as someone who loves a good Shirley Temple, this cupcake was right up my alley!
These were a cute and fun cupcake to do--they'd make a great party treat!
-6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
-3 eggs, room temp.
-3/4 c. milk
-1 1/2 c. sugar
-1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
-1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
-2 tsp. baking powder
-2 Tbsp. potato starch
-1/4 tsp. salt
To Make Cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place ~12 paper liners into cupcake trays (I got 16 cupcakes!)
2. Beat eggs and sugar together with an electric mixer until a pale yellow, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Whisk flour, potato starch, baking powder and salt together.
4. Add flour mixture to batter.
5. Microwave milk for 2 minutes and then add to batter.
6. Microwave butter for 30 seconds, or until melted and then add to batter with the vanilla.
7. Pour batter into paper liners. Fill 3/4 of the way to the top.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of cupcake comes out clean.
9. Cool for 5 minutes and then place on baking racks.
-1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, room temp.
-1 c. unsalted butter, room temp.
-2 c. powdered sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-2 Tbsp. grenadine
To Make the Frosting:
1. Cream the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add the sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Add the vanilla and grenadine and beat until a uniform pink.
4. Frost cupcakes with frosting spatula. If you're able to pipe on the frosting, feel free to do so! **I tried to do this, but the frosting was too thin** Decorate, if you'd like :) I added edible pink glitter and silver sprinkles!