Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Cupcake #10: Pining for the Forbidden Pineapple Cupcakes
Pineapple?? Yes! So yummy and refreshing--a great summer cupcake!
-6 Tbsp. unsalted buter, room temp.
-2 eggs, room temp.
-1/2 tsp. vanilla
-1 tsp. pineapple extract (I used pineapple juice)
-1/2 c. heavy cream
-3/4 c. sugar
-1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
To Make the Cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 12 paper liners in cupcake tray.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3-5 mins.
3. Add eggs and beat another 2 minutes.
4. Add vanilla and pineapple extract.
5. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to batter.
6. Whip cream in cold bowl to soft peaks, fold in batter.
7. Drain pineapple. Make sure to remove as much liquid as possible. Gently fold the pineapple into batter.
8. Pour into paper liners. Fill 3/4 of the way to the top.
9. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then place on baking rack.
-1 c. sifted powdered sugar
-2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temp.
-2 Tbsp. milk
-1/2 tsp. vanilla
-pinch of salt
To Make the Frosting:
1. Cream the powdered sugar and butter together in an electric mixer until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add milk, vanilla and salt.
Beat until smooth. If frosting is thin, let it sit for a few minutes--it will thicken. If too thick, add more milk.
3. Frost cooled cupcakes & decorate, if you'd like!