Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins!


I really enjoy a good blueberry muffin. I've made a few different recipes in the past, but nothing has ever stuck. Honestly, one of my favorite things about blueberry muffins is the streusel topping! I think it makes the muffin tastier :) When I was young my family used to buy this box muffin mix and it was so tasty because it actually came with a streusel topping that you added on to the muffins before you baked them. They came out tasting so delicious! I haven't had a blueberry muffin I've enjoyed that much...until now! I tried to recreate this muffin and it was DELICIOUS. Thought I'd share:

Ingredients:
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-2 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
-1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries (I used frozen and they were amazing!)
-1/2 c. butter
-3/4 c. white sugar
-2 eggs
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1/4 tsp. lemon zest
-1/2 c. milk
-2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
-5 Tbsp. white sugar
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
-2 Tbsp. butter, diced

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Combine 2 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt in medium bowl. In a small bowl, sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp. flour over blueberries, and set aside. (This will keep you from having purple batter!)
3. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 c. butter with 3/4 c. sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, and stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared cups.
4. Combine 2 Tbsp. flour, 5 Tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 Tbsp. butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
5. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. These muffins do freeze well and can be reheated in the microwave!

Hope you all enjoy!

1 comment: