Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Throw together chocolate berry pie

I call this Throw Together pie because that's exactly what I did! I wanted to make a pie for Memorial Day Weekend and didn't think about it until the last minute. I just searched around my pantry to see what was available and this is what I came up with. Not too bad for something that only took a few minutes to create. Ingredients: -1 c. strawberries, sliced -3/4 c. raspberry jam -1/2 c. dried cherries -4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted (I didn't melt the chocolate but I think it would've been better to do so!) -1/2 tsp. lemon juice -2 tsp. cornstarch -1/2 c. sugar -1 9" piecrust, homemade or store bought
To make the filling: 1. Bring the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and raspberry jam to a low boil in a medium saucepan. 2. Let thicken slightly and then stir in the strawberries. 3. Cook over low heat about 10 minutes. 4. Melt chocolate and prepare pan for pie crust. Layer berries and chocolate, alternating into the crust and then top with second layer of crust. Cut vents in crust to air. 5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 60-75 minutes, or until bubbling in center. 6. Let cool before covering or refrigerating. Serve with whipped or ice cream!
**If you want to change things up, feel free to experience with different berries/fillings**

No comments:

Post a Comment