Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

White Chocolate Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies


White Chocolate Chocolate Chip....sounds a little redundant, but this cookie consists of white chocolate chunks and semisweet chocolate chips!

So, I was looking for something quick to bake, and I found macadamia nuts that I wanted to use. I've made White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies twice, both times at Christmas (as a request by my sister--these are one of her favs!), but I only had a little bit of white chocolate, so I thought it would be good if I added some chips in there with it.

These cookies turned out chewy and fluffy. I was quite please with their consistency and look! As I've mentioned before, I struggle with chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is honestly SO similar to chocolate chip cookies, I was sure they wouldn't turn out looking like I wanted them. But, I was surprised! And not a bad idea adding the semisweet chips in there with the white chocolate! Very tasty indeed. These cookies have a little almond extract, which I think helps bring out the flavor! They are really good and very easy to make. And macadamia nuts are such a treat, you can never go wrong with them!



Ingredients:
-1 c. butter, softened
-3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
-1/2 c. white sugar
-2 eggs
-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp. almond extract
-2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 c. coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
-1 c. coarsely chopped white chocolate (or a mix if you want to add semisweet, dark or another type of chocolate!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the macadamia nuts and chocolate.



3. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes in oven, or until golden brown.



Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment