Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Homemade applesauce


I've been wanting to make homemade applesauce for SO long. My grandma used to make this all the time--it was one of my favorite things! She supposedly never had a recipe for it, so I tried my best to come up with something I thought might work :)

It doesn't really look anything like hers--hmmm...but it's ok :) I can keep trying. There is nothing wrong with this applesauce--it actually tastes pretty good! But, when you're expecting your grandma's, it's slightly disappointing :( I don't know if I'll ever be able to recreate hers, but I'm going to keep trying!

If you are looking for a good homemade applesauce though, this recipe works great!

Ingredients:
-4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
-3/4 c. water
-1/4 c. sugar
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Combine apples, water, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.


Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until apples are soft. Let cool and then mash with a potato masher or a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment