Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms


Alright...this is the first among many Christmas items being baked this year :) I think I will try and do a blog for each thing that I bake--so be on the lookout for a plethora of new entries!

This is one of my husband's favorite cookies--and I've never made them before! I don't know why--they are pretty simple, I guess they've never crossed my mind. If you enjoy peanut butter and chocolate together then I'm sure you'll love these cookies. Check out the recipe and try them for yourself if you've never done them before. They are a sure people pleaser!

Ingredients:
-48 Hershey's milk chocolate kisses --(this recipe says it will make 48 cookies, but I only got around 30)
-3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
-1/2 c. shortening
-1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
-1/3 c. sugar
-1 egg
-2 Tbsp. milk
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-Granulated sugar for rolling dough

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove chocolates from their wrappers.


2. Beat shortening & peanut butter together in a large bowl until blended. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk & vanilla; beat well. Stir together the flour, baking soda & salt and gradually beat into the peanut butter mixture.


3. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets.


4. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; the cookie will crack around the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks and let cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment