Welcome!

Welcome to Natasha's Creative Confections! If you have stumbled upon this blog page, then you're in for a real treat! One of my favorite things to do is bake. If you choose to read on you will find pictures and recipes of some of the fabulous treats that I have created. So take a look around and enjoy!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Russian Teacakes


Requested by my dad--one of his favorites :)

This recipe comes from a very old Betty Crocker cooky book. I've only used this recipe and it is slightly vague. I was told by my dad not to "deviate from the recipe" haha, so I did my best interpreting what certain ingredients were referring to. (I'm sure he wouldn't notice if there was a difference)

Ingredients:

-1 cup butter (although it doesn't specify if it is melted or softened, I melted it because I knew it would keep the cookies from spreading--which is what they are supposed to do)
-1/2 c. sifted confectioners' sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla
-2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
-1/4 tsp. salt
-3/4 c. finely chopped nuts (I use walnuts)


1. Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly. Stir flour and salt together; blend in. Mix in nuts.

Chill dough. (It doesn't specify how long to chill--I did it for about a 1/2 hour)

2. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll dough in 1" balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set but not brown. While still warm, roll in confectioners' sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment